Bridgeway Community Church requires an Assistant Director of Operations (ADO) for our J’Seekers Children’s Ministry. The ADO is one part of a 3-person team that manages and operates the children’s ministry. Each team member is responsible for a particular portion of the day-to-day operations of the J’Seekers children’s ministry. Members of the J’Seekers leadership team can expect 20 hours per week divided between weekly office hours and supervising/serving during weekend services. Each weekend while serving you will have the opportunity to attend 1 service in the sanctuary to worship and hear the sermon. You will serve 3 weekends per month, with 1 off. When you are not serving on the weekend, your hours will be made up during the week.
The ADO ensures that the day-to-day and weekend operations of the J’Seekers children’s ministry run smoothly by preparing assets and resources. Specific responsibilities include:
- Setup and cleaning of rooms for weekend services and special events.
- Management, inventory, restocking, and ordering of room and departmental supplies.
- Collaborate with the Director on weekly team schedules for volunteers and create new schedules via Google Sheets.
- Preparation of lesson materials from the selected curriculum.
- The purchase and maintenance of assets within each room such as equipment, technology, furnishings, supplies, toys, games, etc.
- Ensure the accurate counting of attendance through the use of attendance sheets. Delivery of completed attendance counts to the Bridgeway Office Manager.
- Prepare the annual departmental budget with input and coordination with the other team leaders.
- Facilitate and prepare a “Family Service” table of activities as needed.
- Plan and coordinate outreach events that appeal to children and allow families to experience fellowship. Coordinating with Events Deacon and implementation shared by the 3 team leaders.
- Assist with and contribute to team meetings and major ministry events.
If you’re passionate about children’s ministry, are a leader that works well on a team, and have a deep desire for the church to reach the community for Jesus, we’d like to know more. Complete our short questionnaire located here, be sure to attach your resume at the end of the questionnaire.