Bridgeway Community Church is seeking a part time Director of Worship who will help us fulfill our mission of turning the spiritually hungry people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Director of Worship is responsible for the weekend worship experience. This person will lead the church in an authentic worship experience through music and prayer. This person will also collaborate with a very passionate team of volunteer musicians, vocalists, and audio-visual engineers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and grow a collaborative worship team by proper recruiting, onboarding and development of musicians both spiritually and creatively.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and communicating with volunteer musicians, vocalists, audio, visual, and live stream teams.
- Plan weekend worship services with the Senior Pastor, including scheduling teams, song selection, leading rehearsals and ensuring execution of services. This includes all special holiday services (Christmas Eve, Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, etc).
- Assist with community outreach events that engage the congregation to invite their family and friends (Start of Summer outdoor service, baptism, Rockford Praise in the Park, etc).
- Oversee all budget aspects in regards the ministry, upkeep of equipment, along with proper planning for the next ministry year.
- Exhibit a growing relationship with Jesus, evidenced by faithful church engagement, small group involvement, spiritual disciplines, a heart to serve and give sacrificially.
- Able to work under the direction of Senior Pastor in a self-directed manner.
- 3 – 5 years experience leading worship or as a regular participant of a worship team
- Spiritually gifted as musician and vocalist.
- Demonstrate competency in planning worship services, scheduling volunteers, and working in a collaborative artistic environment.
- Have experience with Planning Center, SongSelect, PraiseCharts, Loop City, etc.
- Read and agree fully with the Bridgeway Community Church constitution: https://www.bridgewaycommunity.org/bcc-constitution-final-2009/
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter indicating a) calling as worship leader, b) what it takes to create a compelling worship experience, and c) what gifts you would bring to our team.
- Resume with relevant experiences.
- Video link of you leading a worship. We are not looking at your audio or video editing skills but rather a time when you lead worship.
Thank you in advance for taking time to be a part of our process.