Bridgeway Community Church is seeking a part time Worship Leader who will help us fulfill our mission of turning the spiritually hungry people into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will be an integral leader responsible for the worship experience at Bridgeway. The team you lead will invite, guide, and encourage our congregation into an authentic worship experience through music and prayer. You will lead and collaborate with a volunteer team that has a long history of passionate, talented vocalists, musicians, and audio-visual operators.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead church services in worship with an invitational style that inspires, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus
- Guide the worship team through both spiritual and musical growth
- Plan the worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor, including scheduling teams and song selection
- Lead rehearsals that prepare the team for services and cultivates a community of Christ-followers
- Recruit and nurture a team of volunteer musicians and audio-visual operators
- Identify and manage music and visual-related needs to support worship
To be considered you must:
- Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Exhibit a passion for excellence in worship pulls people to Jesus
- Have 3 – 5 years experience leading worship or as a regular participant of a worship team
- Be a gifted vocalist and musician
- Demonstrate experience in planning worship services, scheduling volunteers, and working in a collaborative artistic environment
- Have experience/familiarity with resources such as Planning Center, SongSelect, PraiseCharts (Click Tracks), etc.
- Read and agree fully with the Bridgeway Community Church doctrine (found here: https://www.
bridgewaycommunity.org/wp- content/uploads/2020/01/ Constitution.pdf)
The Worship Leader reports directly to our Senior Pastor.
If you have gotten this far and keep thinking “this sounds like me!”, we would like to learn more about you.
Please provide the following when applying:
- Cover Letter (or as we call it a “Calling Letter”) that tells us a) why you feel called to lead worship for Jesus, b) what it takes to create a compelling worship experience, and c) what experience and gifts you can bring to that experience.
- Resume with relevant experiences
- (Optional) Video highlighting you leading a worship service or simply worshipping our God with your talents (video can be ‘raw’ – we don’t expect a professionally mixed/edited demo video!)
We are excited and prayerful about who the Lord is going to send our way. We look forward to getting to know you!