HOW TO GROW SPIRITUALLY THROUGH PAINFUL MOMENTS
24 Sept – Ron Aulbach 2 Corinthians 1:8-10
WELCOME: Spend 15 – 20 minutes catching up with your group members and sharing prayer requests. Take some time to pray over each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in Galatians 3:4, 2 Corinthians 1:8-10, 2 Timothy 4:9-13.
SHARE: Share a time that you experienced pain that made you grow.
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read Galatians 3:4
- What is the purpose of pain? Who is to blame for your pain?
- What is your pain response?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1:8-10
- How do we pull God closer in the middle of pain?
- How can we pull closer to others in our pain? What does our culture/world tell us to do when we have pain?
- Is my pain making me bitter or better?
OTHERS: When you feel pain how can you help others?