16 October – Justin Gill 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
WELCOME: Spend 20-30 minutes catching up with each member of the group and sharing prayer requests. Make sure to spend a few minutes praying for each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
SHARE: Share an awkward moment you witnessed recently.
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- What is God’s will according to these verses?
- What is the difference between joy and happiness? And how does that relate to our prayer?
- How do we pray continually? What can be your step 1 this week? What reminders can you put in?
- What parts of these verses are you good at and bad at? How can you take a step in faith and action to be a little better this week and month in making these verses true in your life?
- Share about a trial you’ve faced that made you better, stronger, and have more faith.
ENCOURAGE: How can you invite someone else into continual prayer with you, by themselves and/or with others?