DOES PRAYER WORK
9 October – Ron Aulbach – Genesis 18:16-33
WELCOME: Spend 20-30 minutes catching up with each member of the group and sharing prayer requests. Make sure to spend a few minutes praying for each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in Genesis 18:16-33.
SHARE: What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word prayer?
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read Genesis 18:16-33
- What can we learn about prayer from Abraham’s prayer?
- What do we learn about God?
- Share an experience you’ve had where God responded to your prayers.
- God is always talking to us, what have you been hearing from God this week?
- What will you start or work to improve in your prayer life this month? Prayer journal, prayer nights, prayer for others, prayer with others?
- Does prayer work?
OTHERS: Who do you find it hard to pray for? Who can you pray for that you normally wouldn’t?
CHALLENGE: Ask someone this week, “How can I pray for you?”