1 JANUARY – Justin Gill Luke 6:31, Ephesians 4:32
WELCOME: Spend 20-30 minutes catching up with each member of the group and sharing prayer requests. Make sure to spend a few minutes praying for each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in Luke 6:31.
SHARE: What was your favorite board game as a kid?
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read Luke 6:31, Ephesians 4:32
- What strategy do people use when they have verbal fights? What is the goal of the fight?
- What does Luke 6:31 have to say to the fights we have with family?
- How do you want people to respond when you make a wrong move? Why do we have a hard time responding that way with family?
- Why is it important to restore family conflict?
- How does reacting “in the heat of the moment” impact a conflict? How can we slow down our response?
FAMILY: How have you contributed to family conflict? What can you do to break the cycle of hurting in your family in a healthy way?