New Family, New Freedom
19 November – Ron Aulbach Galatians 4:1-7
WELCOME: Spend 15 – 20 minutes catching up with your group members and sharing prayer requests. Take some time to pray over each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in Galatians 4:1-7.
SHARE: Describe your family.
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read Galatians Galatians 4:1-7.
- Who do you consider to be your family? And your church family?
- What did it mean to be a slave vs. an underaged heir in the first century when Paul was addressing the Galatians? How does that compare to being a slave “under the elemental spiritual forces of the world” (v. 3)? Does that still apply today?
- Paul speaks of being like an underaged heir adopted into sonship. What does it mean to receive adoption into God’s family? Have you let God adopt you into His family?
- Have you done anything in your life that you think God cannot forgive? Is there something for which you cannot forgive yourself? Is this holding you back from accepting being adopted in God’s family?
- Are you a slave or a son? Is God your Master or your Father? What does each look like?
OTHERS:. How do you normally serve your family? How can you serve your family this week? How can you serve with a happy heart?