ONE FROM THE HEART
13 November – Ron Aulbach 1 Samuel 1:4-17
WELCOME: Spend 20-30 minutes catching up with each member of the group and sharing prayer requests. Make sure to spend a few minutes praying for each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in 1 Samuel 1:4-17.
SHARE: What’s something you’d like prayer for in your life?
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read 1 Samuel 1:4-17
- How does Hannah’s prayer challenge the way we normally pray?
- What have you been praying for in life and asking God for, similar to Hannah’s prayer?
- Are you willing to give God back what you are asking for?
- What do you struggle to give up control of in your life?
- Who in your life are critics and who are those that encourage and support you?
- What do you do with your critics?
- How often do you feel peace after praying? If you don’t, why not?
CRITICS: How can God’s peace change how we handle critics in our life?