17 Sept – Justin Gill James 1:2-4
WELCOME: Spend 15 – 20 minutes catching up with your group members and sharing prayer requests. Take some time to pray over each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in James 1:2-4.
SHARE: Share something you thought was a big deal as a kid.
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read James 1:2-4
- What is your typical response to tension? In the middle of tension what do you want to do? Do your trials in life help you persevere more or does it make you want to quit?
- We know our tension and how vulnerable we are. We can want to hide it from everyone. What are you hiding from God?
- How can we be at peace when we should be filled with tension?
- Read Psalm 94:19. How do you move from anxiety to joy? What does this verse encourage us to do?
- What does it mean to make specific, steadfast prayer your routine?
OTHERS: When can you set time for you or you and your group to get together to pray? How can you encourage your family, friends or group towards specific/steadfast prayer?