THE DARKEST PRAYER
6 November – Ron Aulbach Psalm 88
WELCOME: Spend 20-30 minutes catching up with each member of the group and sharing prayer requests. Make sure to spend a few minutes praying for each other. If possible try to have a quiet time in Psalm 88.
SHARE: What do you do with your extra hour of sleep during daylight savings time?
ENGAGE THE MESSAGE:
- Read Psalm 88
- What do you think of when you read this Psalm?
- How does the writer deal with his darkness? What about you?
- How do we deal with the darkness outside of us?
- Which of the suggestions that Pastor Ron gave stand out to you? (Read a Psalm, God Show Me, Memorize, Community, Serve, Worship, Jesus)
- The last verse says that darkness is his closest friend… is that really true? How does God step into that?
COMMUNITY: How can we help each other to battle the darkness?